Thursday, March 21, 2013

Mexican Shepherds Pie



Ok, I promised you guys a recipe yesterday so here it is... 
It's one of my absolute favorite meals,  my mom makes it for me every time I visit home (because mine never taste the same as it does when she makes it) 

I don't have exact measurements for this recipe (I know, I'm horrible) but I promise it's super easy.

First you need ground beef (I usually use about a pound or so), brown it in the skillet with taco seasoning.
Spread that out in the bottom of a baking dish (about a 9 x 13 is good) 
Open a can of corn & spread that on top of the ground beef.
Now make some mashed potatoes, you can use real potatoes or you can use the flaky kind, whatever you prefer.

Now that your mashed potatoes are made, spread those out on top of the corn.
The final touch is cheese, I prefer lots of it, usually the Mexican blend, put a nice layer on top of the mashed potatoes.

Now stick it in the oven (maybe at 350?) since everything is already cooked you just need it in there long enough to heat up & melt that delicious gooey cheese.

Once your Mexican shepherds pie is all hot & cheesy take it out of the oven & cut into squares.

 I usually buy those round hard tortilla shells
& place the piece of shepherds pie on top, add a little hot sauce & you have the best comfort food ever!

I thought for sure I had a picture of the finished dish (cause I always take photos of food) but I don't :/ 




No comments: