Thursday, March 21, 2013

Chicago Fire & Other TV Obsessions

For those of you that don't know, we have been without cable for awhile now, it got to be too expensive & we had to cut back somewhere so sadly the cable & internet had to go, the lack of internet only lasted so long before we broke down & got a Verizon Jetpack, it's kind of a nifty little thing but I don't recommend it as your sole source of internet (5GB a month doesn't last very long), now with lack of cable & limited internet it didn't take us long to watch every single DVD we had in our house, & just about the time I started to go crazy without anything new to watch I remembered that my cell phone (which still has unlimited data) has HDMI mirror mode, & that we could watch Netflix on the TV through my phone, we were pretty excited about having new things to watch BUT that didn't fix the problem of missing our TV show obsessions. 

Now the biggest obsession in our house right now is Chicago Fire & of course we've missed a bunch of episodes, my cousin Krista (from Chaotic Thoughts with Krista) is also a Chicago Fire addict & she had sent me episode 7 through 10 on dvd, we were so excited that we watched them all in one night & then we were back to being without.

Last night I decided I couldn't stand it anymore & that I had to find a way to watch it, so I started searching & found that I could watch all the episodes on Hulu Plus, so I downloaded Hulu Plus to my phone, hooked it to the tv & watched me some Chicago Fire, I'm super excited to get caught back up, & I know Krista is excited about it too, she's hoping I''ll be caught up before next weeks episode so she'll actually be able to talk to me about it, because being the good cousin she is, has resisted the urge to tell me all about the episodes every week. 

I'm also pretty excited to get back to watching Revenge (our other obsession), & a few other shows I love like Smash, & Betty White's Off Their Rockers, & thanks to Netflix we also have gotten into watching Emergency (Yes, the one from the 70's, lol)
I also think I may start watching Nashville, Heros, & 1600 Penn. (I'm sure I'll find more shows too) 

 The only shows Hulu Plus doesn't have that bums me out is The Big Bang Theory & Duck Dynasty (they really should get those) 

Leave a comment & let me know what shows your obsessed with :)

No comments: